Thursday, September 4, 2008

Let's Agree Not to be Polarized by Abortion

Do we really want to return to the days where expectant mothers were aborting their children with coat hangers? or the days where people traveled across State or International lines to get their abortion?

I believe in a woman's right to choose. I also believe that the moral high ground is to choose life.

If we leave Roe vs. Wade in tact and Women continue to have the right to choose it gives all women the right to make choices over their own bodies. Then we educate so that all that are involved in those choices know the consequences of their choices.

My Aunt had a child when I was young. I was told that the child was stillborn. Fifteen years ago I learned that the child was given up to adoption to a good family. Through a very unlikely chain of events I had the opportunity to meet this incredible woman years ago...just briefly. In the past year I have had the opportunity to know her much better. She is an incredible woman. The world is a much better place with her in it.

No comments: